What is Ragging?
Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts:
- any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student;
- indulging in rowdy or indisciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student;
- asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student;
- any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher;
- exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students;
- any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person;
- any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student ;
- any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
The institute shall punish a student found guilty of ragging after following the procedure and in the manner prescribed herein under
a. The Anti-Ragging Committee of the institute shall take an appropriate decision, in regard to punishment or otherwise, depending on the facts of each incident of ragging and nature and gravity of the incident of ragging established in the recommendations of the Anti-Ragging Squad.
b. The Anti-Ragging Committee may, depending on the nature and gravity of the guilt established, to those found guilty, one or more of the following punishments may be given, namely;
- i. Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- ii. Withholding/ withdrawing scholarship/ fellowship and other benefits.
- iii. Debarring from appearing in any test/ examination or other evaluation process.
- iv. Withholding results.
- v. Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- vi. Suspension/ expulsion from the hostel.
- vii. Cancellation of admission.
- viii. Rustication from the institution for period ranging from one to four semesters.
- ix. Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period.
Provided that where the persons committing or abetting the act of ragging are not identified, the institute shall resort to collective punishment.
Anti Ragging Committee (ARC)
Anti Ragging Committee
As per directions of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, U.G.C. Regulation and Madhya Pradesh Anti Ragging Act, Principal is pleased to constitute an Institute level Anti Ragging Committee consisting of following faculty members. Student may inform/ contact any member of the committee in case of need pertaining any incidence of ragging if any.
This is for the information that following Anti Ragging committee members has to be vigilant and need to take necessary action to control the menace of Ragging to protect the interest of fresher (first year students) and to prevent all sorts of Ragging inside SISTec premises including hostels.
||Name & Designation
|| Dr. Keshavendra Choudhary
Principal & Professor
|| Dr. Swati Saxena
Vice-Principal & Professor
|| Shri. B.S Kushwah
Administrative & COW
|| Dr. Ravi Shankar Mishra
Professor & Head
|| Dr. Ravishanker V Choudri
Professor & HOD ME
|| Ms. Bhawna Gupta
Associate Professor & HOD CSE
|| Dr. Murli Manohar
Associate Professor & HOD EX
|| Dr. Megha Jain
Associate Professor & HOD CE
|| Mr. Somen Mitra
Associate Professor & HOD MBA
ANTI RAGGING SQUADs
As per the orders of the Hon'ble Supreme Court and UGC Regulations, 2009, Sagar Institute of Science and Technology, Gandhi Nagar Bhopal, firmly prohibits RAGGING in the Institute. The Institute follows ZERO TOLERANCE policy on Ragging. RAGGING IS STRICTLY BANNED IN AND BEYOND THE CAMPUS. All the newly admitted students are free to enjoy the Campus Life in the pursuit of academic excellence. All the senior students are willing to give warm welcome to their juniors.
The Institute takes all necessary and required measures, including but not limited to the provisions of the UGC Regulations, 2009 to achieve the objective of eliminating ragging within the Institute or outside.
| S N|| Name || Designation || Position || Contact No.|
| 1|| Mr. Neelesh Mishra || Sports Officer || Coordinator|| 9977861689|
| 2|| Mr. Sanjay Kumar Singh ||Professor || Member|| 9827744865|
| 3|| Dr. Vasudev Thakre ||Professor || Member ||9993192474|
| 4|| Mr. Ashish Mishra || Asst. Prof. || Member ||7898687720|
| 5|| Mr. Krishnav Bhatia || Asst. Prof. || Member|| 7024646285|
| 6|| Mr. Siddharth Singh Parihar || Asst. Prof. || Member|| 9713449975|
| 7|| Mr. Umesh Sahu ||Asst. Prof. || Member ||9893663447|
| 8|| Mr. Sachin Singh Jat || Asst. Prof. ||Member ||8085254808|